Education sector - D-TECT’s massively reduce false alarms and enhance genuine alarm capture
A school in South Manchester urgently required an upgrade to replace conventional external PIR’s to stop a high number of false alarms. Other key requirements included a cost effective, reliable and low energy security solution. This saw the original PIR’s replaced with external D-TECT PIR detectors.
After installation the school confirmed that when the system was triggered, a genuine activation was confirmed. On-site performance data also proved the D-TECT significantly outperformed similar competitive products. False alarms have been reduced by 98 percent, environmental triggers have been reduced by 99 percent and wildlife triggers have been reduced by 99%.
Residential sector - Prestigious property development features D-TECT wired detector
Premier Alarms Ltd provide high quality security solutions to thousands of residential and commercial customers. The company specified D-TECT’s for a major security installation on a prestigious property development. It was selected owing to its key features including high immunity to nuisance alarms, unrivalled catch performance and adjustable detection range.
Commenting on the decision to specify the D-TECT equipment, Neil Ricketts of Premier Alarms said: “We have had previous good experiences with GJD products. The D-TECT’s are robust, very well made, reliable and function exactly as intended”.
Education sector - D-TECT's used for school CCTV system to maximise safety and security
Specialist installers, Protive Security and Surveillance Ltd installed D-TECT’s for use on a school in Warrington. As a CCTV monitoring station responds to the schools security alerts, the detection of genuine threats and the minimising of false alarms was an essential requirement, this was one of the main reasons why D-TECT detectors were specified.
Shaun Ryan, Sales Director for Protive Security commented: “Not only are D-TECT’s probably the most performant and reliable detectors available today for threat detection and the control of CCTV cameras, but we are finding that they are easier and quicker to install and programme, especially with the hand-held signal strength and range walk tester. This helps to reduce installation time and costs to the customer which is a win-win situation for both parties. The D-TECT’s ability to identify genuine threats, whilst minimising the potential of false alarms reduces the running costs of this monitored security system”.
Key features of the D-TECT range
- BS8418 compliant and IP65 rated
- Modern design available in silver (chrome, black and white – metal housing only)
- Hidden sensor module for when covert surveillance is required
- Two volt free N/O, N/C contacts, as well as EOL (end of line) terminations
- Dual voltage detector 9-24 volt AC/DC for more flexibility when sharing a power source from other devices and equipment
- Adjustable detection angle
- Adjustable pan and tilt module
- Front and rear tamper switches to detect vandalism
- Quad PIR and microwave sensors for reliable detection
- Selectable detection range up to 50m, unlike other similar competitive products which have fixed ranges.
- GJD300 - D-TECT 2 Quad PIR: 8, 15, 20, 25 & 30m
- GJD310 - D-TECT 3 Quad PIR / Microwave: 8, 15, 20, 25 & 30m
- GJD340 - D-TECT 40 Quad PIR: 20, 25, 30, 35 & 40m
- GJD350 - D-TECT 50 Long range 50m PIR: 25, 30, 40, 45, & 50m